- A centralized authentication server where student accounts are stored.
- A remote server where user home directories are located.
A good guide on how to achieve this is available here. Although I followed the steps presented in the guide, it took me a few days to make it work.
Figure 1. Topology
- eth0: 10.0.4.x (via DHCP, provides Internet access)
- eth1: 192.168.9.254 (local network)
- server name: server9
- domain name: server9.pclab9.ics.uplb.edu.ph
- If a "Permission denied." error occurs when creating/editing files, remove the "sec=krb5" option in the NFS settings (both in the /etc/exports on the server and in the /etc/auto.home on the client.)
- In order for users to login to Unity, install the nscd package.