Thursday, November 20, 2014

PhD Qualifying Exam

I took the qualifying exam last November 17. Actually I have no idea what the exam is all about. They say that the exam will test if I am ready to move forward towards the PhD. I also asked my adviser what to prepare for the exam. He just wanted me to present the paper I submitted for NCITE 2014 then be ready to answer any question related or not to my research. One of my committee member asked me on what skills do I still need to have in order to proceed to my PhD. My adviser asked me what I think will be the challenging part of my study. I found it difficult to answer these questions but gave them the best answer I can. Luckily I was able to convince them and they gave me the go signal to proceed. I am now officially a PhD candidate!

0 comments: