Friday, June 10, 2016

Eaton 5L UPS on Ubuntu 14.04 using NUT

Lately I needed to configure an Eaton 5L UPS for the P2C controller node. Power outages are becoming frequent nowadays. The main requirement is that when a power outage occurs, controller services (keystone, glance, nova, etc.) should be stopped and the node will shutdown, as well as the UPS. I am running Ubuntu 14.04 for the controller so NUT is easy to install (sudo apt-get install nut). It took me half a day to configure this, so to save you some time you can check out my config. Enjoy!

2 comments:

helgeboy said...

Hi there and thanks, this really helped me, I'm running an Raspberry Pi 2 with SNMP, but your Github core help me to clean up my code and the shutdown scripts for a greater functionality. I have exactly the same Eaton 5L UPS, but I running another USB driver, nutdrv_qx, I have several Raspberry's, Cubietruck, NAS(Seagate Personal Cloud, hence need for SNMP).

Aelzki said...

Helped me setup the NUT config to my Openmediavault home server. Thanks a lot!